To choose the best mattress that guarantees your rest and health of your back you should not only look at the price but in that its properties fit your needs. The quality of the materials is important, but no manufacturer or shop will ever admit that their mattresses are bad or uncomfortable.
They all try to sell that their mattresses “guarantee a restful sleep”, “they present an outstanding ergonomics” or “they ensure the correct support for your back”, among other wonders.
Top 5 Mattress Topper
- Two inches of ultra plush memory foam that conforms to your curves and hugs you to sleep;...
- Infused with temperature regulating gel beads that capture and dissipate heat to help prevent...
- 3 inches of ventilated gel memory foam adds softness and pressure-relieving comfort to your mattress
- Special memory foam formula is extremely soft, airy and responsive
- Queen Mattress Pad 60x80 inch,21 inch Deep Pocket, 49 oz Elastic & Hollow Down Alternative...
- Soft: With 30oz down alternative fillings,this pad will add great softness to your firm mattress.
- 【PREMIUM MATERIAL&SOFT FILLING】Tightly woven and thin brushed microfiber fabric is exceptionally...
- 【ULTRA THICK&MAXI COMFORT】With overfilled down alternative filling, ELEMUSE mattress topper is...
- 550-fill-power white down top and white goose feather bottom offers comfort
- Hypoallergenic cover and 100 percent hypoallergenic down accommodates sleepers with allergies
The properties of each material (or the combination of several),
they will make the mattress more suitable for a double bed, for an individual one, to feel an enveloping sensation or for people who move a lot.
- For example, latex stands out for its flexibility and is ideal for articulated beds. It is also the only material in which mites are unable to nest, so it is a good choice if you suffer from asthma or dust allergy.
- On the other hand, mattresses with pocket springs present good independence of beds and facilitate air circulation, and are a good option for double beds and hot people.
Depending on the position in which you sleep and your weight, you will need more or less support. For example, if you usually sleep on your back or have a high weight, you should choose a firmer mattress, while thin people will appreciate a low or intermediate firmness that provides good support without being uncomfortable.
Next, you will find the ten best mattress models in relation quality-price according to their characteristics and user profile. Each of these mattresses has been selected taking into account the results of the tests carried out by professionals of the rest as well as by the Organization of Consumers and Users ( OCU ), as well as the opinion of dozens of people who have bought them.
MATTRESSES: HOW TO CHOOSE WITHOUT MAKING A MISTAKE?
It’s one thing to sleep and another to rest well. We all know what it is to wake up with the feeling that a bus has passed over us: with a sore back, in a bad mood, recovering from bad posture …
Discarding other health problems, it is very possible that the difficulties to recover during the night are due to an inadequate mattress: old and deformed, with the upholstery in unhealthy conditions (that is, with a battalion of mites) or with an irregular firmness.
To choose your new mattress, we recommend that you do not buy foolish and crazy the first offer you see online, tempting as it may be. Choose carefully and, above all, look for what best suits you.
FIRMNESS: ARE YOU A FAKIR OR THE PRINCESS OF THE PEA?
On the one hand, it is a matter of taste; on the other, it is a matter of health. Let’s see… The mattress should ensure the correct position of the spine when you are sleeping. That is why it is important that you have the firmness that best suits you.
The position of hips and shoulders is the key. They are the most prominent parts and therefore those that will exert the greatest pressure on the mattress. But you have to go further. Most manufacturers recommend taking body weight into account. Because a body of 55 kilos does not exert the same pressure as one of more than one hundred.
They are recommended for very voluminous people or for special cases, for example, an articulated bed for geriatric use or also if the doctor prescribes it for some therapeutic reason. They are not usually, therefore, recommended if there is no reason. The reason is that prolonged use, when not necessary, can lead to back problems.
As its name indicates, the firmness with a greater range of adaptability. For weight in a wide range, recommended for most physical constitutions. If the mattress is of good quality, they must support the weight in the different areas of the body, ensuring the correct position of the column.
In principle, they would only be recommendable for “lightweights”, since if not the pressure on shoulders and hips can end up a happening invoice to us.
We include a section for mattresses with a high degree of adaptability and that can be used by people of any weight. Some brands have developed technologies that regulate the sinking of the body progressively and, therefore, can be comfortable for any user regardless of their physical constitution.
WITH SPRINGS OR WITHOUT SPRINGS
To begin with, it must be said that the spring mattress of your great-aunt’s house, the one in which you notice when you lie down and intuitively avoid it, belongs to another generation.
Spring mattresses, today, are very sophisticated. They come protected and assembled in different ways to ensure long life without deformation. In addition, it is rare to find a mattress “only” of springs. The normal thing is that they give structure to the mattress in its central part and they are covered with different layers of foam for greater comfort.