Top 5 Ironing Board
- T-LEG DESIGN: Provides a stable ironing foundation and the non-skid feet protect your tile or wood...
- 53” x 13” PERFORATED STEEL TOP: Offers a solid ironing surface and evenly distributes heat and...
- The high-quality mesh steel top allows heat and steam to easily pass through fabric for crisp,...
- This deluxe matte black ironing board is a chic method of accomplishing excellent ironing results...
- Measures 54" long x 14" wide, Fully adjustable height - up to 36.5 inches tall
- Patented leg lock for secure transport
- 4 LAYER BOARD COVER PAD - HEAT-RESISTANT - GREAT IRON EXPERIENCE - 3-Layer Blend of foam, felt, and...
- CONVENIENT FOLDING – One click to get the unit folded, there is no need to bend yourself or pick...
- 1 ⅜” THICK STEEL CURVED FEET: Thick steel contoured feet provide 30% more stability over the...
- 53.75" x 13" PERFORATED STEEL TOP: Offers a solid ironing surface and evenly distributes heat and...
Important Features to Look For
When buying a pressing table, you need to analyze several models and see which one comes with everything you need for hassle-free ironing. To make sure you will not regret your choice, look for the following features next time you want to buy a board for your iron.
If you want to stand comfortably while ironing, make sure your table can be adjusted to match your height. This way, you will prevent back pain from standing leaned over it and you will comfortably maneuver the iron.
Most boards come with collapsible feet and although these are helpful when storing it, they can be a real pain if they happen to collapse while you iron. Therefore, look for a table with a feet lock which prevents accidental collapsing.
A good model must provide enough room for both small and large garments especially if you want to iron sheets or towels. As such, do not think that a more compact unit will be more convenient because you might realize you needed some extra space.
Pressing shirts is a woman’s worst nightmare because the sleeves are very hard to maneuver. Thankfully, the sleeve accessory can help you remove wrinkles without creating more while handling the shirt so you might want to consider getting it.
Usually, the rest is made of metal that can get hot from the hot plate of the iron so you could get burned if you accidentally touch it. Therefore, make sure your table of choice has rubber or silicone pads which absorb heat.
In time, the cover can wear out and the padding can become flat, which could make the garments wrinkled when getting into contact with the frame. To avoid this situation, you can always purchase a new cover with thick padding so your clothes will remain neat after pressing. The cover is available in multiple sizes and designs and you can also find one for the sleeve accessory.
Why Use a Board?
If you do not have one at home already, you probably must be thinking why is it a must pressing on a special surface and not just any type of table. To convince you that you should start using it, here are a few of the main advantages brought by them.
Without any doubts, you will feel more comfortable because it provides the perfect conditions for standing. Most models are height-adjustable so you will always be able to set it correctly so that you will not experience back, neck or feet pain in case you have a big stack of laundry to press.
Another excellent thing about it is that it’s so easy to set and use. The legs are locking so there is no risk of it collapsing mid-process and it provides a wide surface where you can stretch all your laundry. Plus, you will have the iron within reach in the special holder and you can even hang hangers to store the pressed garments until they are ready to hit the closet.
Thanks to the large surface and the thick padding on top, the garments will come out perfectly smooth, without any wrinkles that might appear every time you have to twist and turn them. If you were to use a regular table, the hard surface would leave marks on the clothes and you would not be able to fit the sleeves of a shirt or the legs of a pair of pants.
A special table for pressing provides a clean place where you can care for all your garments. You will have a restricted area where you will only handle the garments so no accidents or stains can appear, like it could if you were ironing on the dining table, for instance. You can complete your laundry room with it and you will find it extremely useful.
Accessories that Come in Handy
There are quite a few accessories that, if they don’t come with the board as you buy it, it’s advisable to purchase them separately for a more convenient, productive, and efficient de-wrinkling of the clothes. Considering that ironing the clothes is one of the chores that, let’s face it, no one is mad about, it’s important to either look into a model that comes with as many of them as possible or buy them separately. Here is the list of accessories that shouldn’t miss from your arsenal for a smooth ironing process:
- Sleeve attachment: It is designed to connect with the board in order to allow an easier, more convenient ironing of the sleeves of shirts and blouses.
- Over the door hooks: These hooks are meant to be installed over the door so that you can hang the board when you are not using it and save space in the dresser by doing so.
- Cord holder: As the name suggests, it holds the cord of the iron so that it is out of your way when you press the clothes to remove the wrinkles.
- Cleaning cloth: This accessory is intended for use on the iron more than on the board, with it cleaning any residue from the soleplate.