Golf is love for all of us. The pleasure you get on the golf course is something you can’t describe in words. Indeed, the sound you get while hitting the long ball is just a pure treat for golfers. Forgetting the perfect sound, you need the best club and that why we are here to guide you about the best golf irons in 2019.
Top 5 Golf Irons
- Speed Pocket technology (4-7 iron) works with an advanced, ultra-thin face designed to promote...
- Consistent distance with every iron made possible by careful management of the Speed Pocket,...
- 360 Face Cup + VFT for more Ball Speed
- MIM'd Internal Standing Wave for Optimal Flight and Control
- Long, fast & forgiving
- Designed with fast ball speed for more distance
- Easy Launch, Distance, and Incredible Sound and Feel From the Suspended Energy Core
- Long, Consistent Distance From Our 360 Face Cup
- Nike VR Pro Combo
- Shaft Flex: Uniflex
Types Of Irons
It is crucial to understand the various types of golf irons to know which is best suited for your needs.
- Max- game improvement irons: These irons are normally meant for the beginner and the high handicapper. They are also known as cavity backs because of the large hollow cavity in the back of the club head. These irons are most forgiving as the sole and the top lines are bigger.
- Game improvement Irons: This type is more suitable for a larger section of players which includes the mid handicappers, beginners, and even professionals. It is more compact and thinner than the cavity back. The cavity is also smaller here.
- Blades: These irons are suitable for the professional and low handicappers because they have no cavity which means they are less forgiving. But they have a great feel and provide better control over the strikes.
Who Should Use The Forgiving Game Improvement Irons?
Your skill level is determined by your handicap number. Are you above 25 or below 5 will determine whether you fall into the high handicapper, mid-handicapper or low handicapper category? Those with a handicap above 25 should use the cavity backs because they have greater forgiveness.
With the improvement in technologies used to manufacture heads and shafts, even game improvement irons are been used by professionals because of better consistency and greater forgiveness. So if you opt for game improvement irons then you are making a long-term investment of at least five years.
Should Beginners Opt For Irons?
Yes, there is no doubt that irons are hard to master but that should not deter you from owning some. They are not for improving swing but they certainly play a role in improving your strokes and aid in the progress of your game. In fact, even players who want to improve their overall performance can use these irons and benefit from them. They are also used on PGA tours by professionals.
Where Do Beginners Go Wrong?
Most beginners always struggle to hit the ball right. They have problems primarily with the stance followed by the swing. Incidentally, no club can help you get the right wing from the word go; it comes with practice. Another common mistake that all beginners make is to hit the ball all over the club face and rarely in the center. Almost all club manufacturers are using technologies to overcome these issues and create clubs that are more beginner friendly.
Best Golf Irons Buyer’s Guide
Here is the complete buying guide on picking the best golf irons.
Things To Consider Before Buying Best Golf Irons
These are the vital things you need to consider before buying the golf clubs.
Know Your Strength:
Indeed, you are the biggest judge of yourself. Right!! You better know your gameplay more than anybody else. So, at the end of the day, you better know whether you need a blade design or cavity back or even game improvement irons. Blade Design is mostly for better strikers who know their game well. Usually, you get lesser forgiveness in the blade design.
Cavity back design aims to offer better playability whereas gaming improvement irons have wider soles and they are primarily designed to deliver greater forgiveness and higher launch. So, it’s entirely up to you that which design you need to pick.
Do you need multi-material Head?
Well, the multi-material head is a new trend now. Manufacturers are using the latest innovative technologies to deliver the best performance by manufacturing multi-material heads. So, for average golfers, I would recommend to use it.
Head Size matters?
Yes, it matters a lot. If you are a beginner then you need to have a bigger head for better striking. Most of the times, bigger is better. So, go for the bigger one.
Lighter Irons Or heavier?
Once again, it’s up to you. If you are ok with heavier irons than use the heavier one and vice versa. Your swing is the key so everything keeps that in mind while picking the irons all the time. So, this is a brief guide you need to know before buying the best golf irons.