The best mattress topper is designed to cover your mattress and improve the way you sleep. Mattress toppers are made of various types of materials.
Some are made of memory foam while others are constructed of other types of materials. They vary in softness and support to suit the needs of different people. A mattress topper can help you get more years of use out of an old mattress without having to purchase a new mattress.
It’s important not to confuse the mattress topper with a mattress pad. A mattress pad protects the mattress where the topper is actually used to add comfort, support, or regulate temperature. Choosing the best mattress topper will depend on what you need to get a good night’s sleep. Some people may need a mattress topper that adds an extra layer of support.
Top 5 Foam Mattress Topper
- 3 inches of ultra plush memory foam that conforms to your curves and hugs you to sleep
- Infused with temperature regulating gel beads that capture and dissipate heat to help prevent...
- 【Upgrade Your Mattress and Sleep】Wake up every bright morning with a premium dual layer...
- 【Healthier Bed Topper You Need】The gel memory foam & bamboo charcoal and copper infused mattress...
- 2 inch memory foam mattress topper with five body zones to maximize comfort
- Memory foam is infused with the relaxing scent of lavender and textured to improve breathability
- 3 inches of ventilated gel memory foam adds softness and pressure-relieving comfort to your mattress
- Special memory foam formula is extremely soft, airy and responsive
- 3-Inch Gel Memory Foam Topper instantly revamps old mattress for superior sleep climate
- Ventilated design optimizes air flow for fresh sleep
How We Picked These Best Mattress Toppers?
We realized that so many customers are going through a hard time searching for the best mattress toppers to enhance the quality of their sleep. We, therefore, took it upon ourselves, tested and researched what the top rated mattress toppers were made of, their special features, their cost and what other customers had to say about them after sleeping on them at home. The top 8 best mattress toppers featured above came out on top in all categories. So any one of them would be a perfect choice for your bed.
What is a Mattress Topper?
In simple terms, a mattress topper is a thick layer of cushion that rests on top of a mattress to enhance its comfort. It provides additional support to the neck, the back and pressure points banishing all potential pains allowing you to fall asleep in no time.
Benefits of Using a Top Mattress Topper
The best-rated mattress toppers may help provide benefits and spare you a serious amount of cash. Here are some of the benefits associated with a great bed pad, as they are also called.
- It’s a Cost-Efficient Alternative
As you may be aware of, a brand new and great mattress could easily cost you a small fortune. And, as you already know, failing to pick one which is capable of bringing the necessary support and comfort could result in unpleasant aching throughout your entire body. A mattress topper, on the other hand, is cheap and it’s going to provide you with everything you may need.
- Extends the life of your mattress
The mattress topper is definitely going to extend the life of your mattress (find out how long they typically last). So even if it’s brand new, you might want to consider supplementing it with a comprehensive topper. This is due to the fact that it would add more height to it and you wouldn’t be sleeping on the mattress so much as on the topper. This would reduce the wear and tear of the former.
- It’s comfortable
Not only is a topper comfortable, but it’s also customizable. You can pick the mattress pad you need based on the specifications of your current bed. For example, if you have a firmer mattress, you might want to adjust that by adding a softer topper to increase the comfort and vice versa.
- It sleeps cool
The majority of the mattress toppers, such as the ones we’ll be reviewing down below, are perfectly well ventilated. This is going to ensure that the airflow is consistent and that the sleeping temperature is kept fairly regular throughout the entire night.
- It’s eco-friendly
There are quite a lot of different materials that you can pick for but the truth is that most of them are eco-friendly. Examples include bamboo toppers as well as natural latex ones which are free of any toxic chemicals.
Fibromyalgia is a disorder that can cause fatigue, muscle pain, and a lot of tender points on the body. The New Life Outlook recommends a mattress topper for anyone that suffers from fibromyalgia (memory foam is preferred).
In addition to fibromyalgia, a bed pad is a great choice for anyone that suffers from chronic back pain or hip pain. We put together a buyer’s guide for each:
- Best Mattress Toppers For Back Pain
- Best Mattress Toppers For Hip Pain
As you can see, there are quite a lot of different perks of using a topper and this is undoubtedly something that you might want to take into proper consideration.