One more year, the Organization of Consumers and Users (OCU) has published its ranking of the best mattresses according to the OCU 2018. In the analysis, 30 mattresses of different resting brands and different materials in their core and padding have been studied.
Among the main conclusions of the study is how the sale of mattresses online is gaining weight, thanks mainly to the possibility of testing at home for a period of time greater than 14 days imposed by the Consumer Law. In the case of Colchones.es, this term is raised to 30 days, after this time if you are not satisfied you can return it. But EYE, not all online stores offer this option.
Top 5 Firm Mattress
- Queen size bed in a box: For deep sleep you've always dreamed of, this body contouring memory foam...
- Sleep soundly: Designed with layers of memory foam for firm support and pressure relief, all with an...
- Queen size bed in a box: For supportive, dreamy sleeping, this mattress brings it home with...
- Hybrid mattress: Mattress is designed with gel memory foam, upholstery grade comfort support foam,...
- 8 Inch hybrid mattress combine hypallergenic memory foam with the traditional support of an...
- A plush layer of memory foam helps align the spine to minimize pressure points for increased comfort
- FIRM SUPPORT, PLUS MORE - Our firmest mattress ever is engineered with 10% more heavy gauge steel...
- SUPPORTIVE FOAM & POCKET SPRINGS - 1.25 inches soft comfort foam, 1 inch durable high-density foam...
- This mattress features a 10-inch FIRM feel ideal for side, back, and stomach sleepers that crave...
- Gel infused memory foam regulates temperature while conforming to the body to ease pressure points
Best mattresses on the market
The Memory Black mattress was rated the best mattress by the OCU in 2017; You want to know why? This mattress has been designed entirely by the R & D department of La Tienda HOME. It is available in two heights, depending on our tastes you can choose in the size of 22cm or 26cm. It has a firmness of 4 out of 5 and adaptability of 4 out of 5, which makes it a balanced and resistant mattress.
Ranking of best mattresses, what qualities should the best mattress of 2019 have?
To know which is the best mattress 2018, the OCU performs in a specialized laboratory an exhaustive analysis with precise measuring instruments, using real sleepers in its tests. Before the start of the experiment, check the column of the sleeper to ensure that it is in perfect condition. A healthy back will provide more real and accurate results to be able to compare the characteristics between different models.
Purchase guide for the best mattress 2019
Something that worries a lot when choosing a mattress is the materials with which they are made. The viscoelastic, springs or latex are the most popular, however, there is a wide variety of materials on the market that provide a unique welcome and a personalized rest.
Continuous spring mattresses: Mattresses that include this type of springs are characterized by having a casing formed by a single thread, distributed in a Z-shape, without any knot or cut. This type of spring provides a firm and very consistent structure.
Classic spring mattresses: The classic springs, or biconical spring, are those that are independent. They have a double cone shape so that they narrow in the center when pressure is exerted on them. This type of springs is joined together through steel wires.
Pocket spring mattresses: These mattresses are characterized by having hundreds of independent springs, aligned with each other, and bagged in individual fabric sacks. This allows a better arrangement of the mattress elements and offers high independence of beds.
Latex Mattresses: The latex is extracted from the natural resin that is released by the rubber tree. Once processed, it can become a soft and fluffy material. Normally it is used to form the core of the mattress. In the market, there are two types of latex mattresses, natural and synthetic. It can be said that a mattress is made of natural latex if its percentage of natural latex is higher than 85%.
To keep the mattress in the best conditions for many years it is important:
- Flip the mattress every 3 or 4 months. If it is reversible you can also turn your faces around.
- Using mattress protectors or covers will protect you from external agents and lengthen your life.
- The use of a suitable base for each type of mattress is necessary and indispensable.
- Keep the room free of moisture and avoid direct contact with liquids.
- Ventilate the sheets before making the bed.
- Clean the mattress with a brush by hand, never with liquids.
What is the best mattress to avoid back pain?
One of the main reasons why we change the mattress is for health. There are a large number of people who wake up with back pains, lower back complaints or wake up constantly during sleep.
This is because our mattress “has become bigger”, and has lost the properties that once had. Bear in mind that an 8-year-old mattress will not accommodate our backs just like one that has been used only for a few months or a year. If we have back pain when we go to bed, it is best to change our rest equipment. Changing the mattress would be the best option to combat lumbar or back discomfort; what you have to consider is:
What mattress to buy for back pain?
This is a very common question. With the passage of time and as we increase our age, our body becomes increasingly sensitive and needs better care. Keep in mind that people spend an average of 25 years of our lives sleeping, so it is important to take good care of the place where we do it.
Best mattress for overweight people suffering from back pain
Overweight people need a firm mattress to hold the weight in a balanced way and get a cloud effect that surrounds the sleeper. In our catalog, we have several mattresses that perfectly balance their high degree of firmness with adaptability, but the one that stands out and fits the overweight people is Comfort XL Comfort Premium viscoelastic mattress.
Better mattress for people with a medium weight
Even though we are at our ideal weight, we may not be sleeping on the best mattress for us. A clear example is those people who are at an average weight but suffer back discomfort while resting.